Valkyries Horn Volunteer Info
Judges and Stewards
If you have registered, log in and then choose Edit Account from the My Account menu indicated by the icon on the top menu.
If you have not registered and are willing to be a judge or steward, please register.
If you would like to volunteer to be a competition staff member, please register or update your account to indicate that you wish to be a part of the competition staff.
Other Volunteer Info
Please look at the volunteer page for additional details. Register on this site to stay up to date and get notifications.
During this difficult time Valkyries Horn will hold a virtual mead only competition. Here is the breakdown:
Entry limit: 250 total entries
Limit of 5 entries per participant with no limit on subcategory.
Judging: What to expect
- 3 bottles per entry: To limit bottle requirements, we will be using two bottles per judging group, 1 per judge, and one bottle for the only BOS judge.
- Judging will be done remotely and simultaneously with internet meeting tools..
Judges will complete their flights for a given category on the same day and will be responsible for mini BOS judging
- We will limit judging to no more than 2 flights per day.
- We will combine and split categories to ensure that a mead judging pair can judge and assign 1,2, 3rd places in one day.
- BOS show judging will be done by a very experienced celebrity judge.
- You will receive a copy of the judging scoresheet from both judges assigned to the flight.
Prizes: To limit contact and shipping between parties, there will be no prizes. We will be providing medals to those that win them.
- Valkyries Horn expects that if you sign up to judge you will have a computer and acceptable internet access to enable remote/virtual judging.
- We expect that you will work with your other assigned judge to set up a time to judge the assigned entries within the time frame allotted, and will ensure that judging is done simultaneously.
- Judges must be available to pickup entries from the Twin Cities cellar location.
- One person may pick up and transport entries for multiple judges in out of town areas.